For an air conditioning unit to function effectively and efficiently during its years of service, filters, coils, and fins need to be regularly cleaned and maintained. Neglecting necessary upkeep guarantees a steady decline in performance and an increase in energy consumption.
Units that are used daily without a thorough clean can regularly show high levels of Cladosporium, one of the most common moulds found in both indoor and outdoor environments. Usually found in damp areas like air conditioning systems, Cladosporium triggers allergies and even asthma when the spores become airborne. The test results also showed other groups of organisms that trigger allergies, such as Alternaria and Chaetomium.
Why we recommend keeping your air conditioner units in good shape:
1. Air conditioning units perform more efficiently when they are clear of dust and debris build-up. When the filters and evaporator coil become clogged, the normal flow of air is blocked and the ability to absorb heat is impaired.
2. Dirty air conditioners are forced to work harder to cool rooms. A thorough clean reduces energy consumption and your carbon footprint.
3. Clogged filters can lead to bigger problems down the track, such as overheating, ice build-up – even complete failure. A regular maintenance schedule lengthens the lifecycle of your units, plus allows the service technician to identify and fix any other problems.
4. Most importantly, regular cleaning means the air circulating the rooms is healthy. Air conditioners become a haven for mould, bacteria, and germs. Exposure to these particles can activate hay fever, cause respiratory infections, or even trigger asthma attacks.
Regular servicing can eliminate these dangerous contaminants and mould from your site’s split air conditioners.
A thorough service must include:
- Remove front assembly, clean and sanitise.
- Clean condenser coils (where applicable).
- Check gas efficiency.
- Clean and sanitise filters.
- Clean and sanitise barrel fan and cavity.
- Test functionality and operation.
- Clean, sanitise and deodorise evaporator coils
- Check the motor operation.
For more information, or if you would like to book a full service clean of your air conditioners, contact your Client Service Manager or call 1300 559 409 to talk to the Operations Team.